There are many factors that influence the work of the Maine Department of Health and Human Services; and many of these are noted in the language describing the individual measures in this Dashboard. Some of the most critical influences are the various demographic and socioeconomic characteristics and trends of our Maine population. On this Context page, we provide access to key measures, data sets, and analyses of our population that must be considered in the effective and efficient delivery of health and human services.
- Maine DHHS Website
- DHHS Guiding Principles
- DHHS District Map
- Selected DHHS Documents
Maine DHHS Data Sites
- Maine OSA Treatement Data System - Real-time date access to the last ten years of data in the Office of Substance Abuse's Treatment Data System (TDS) database. You can define your own queries, view graphic charts, view detailed tables, and download data for your own analysis.
- Maine Tracking Network
National and Local Sites that Track Maine DHHS data:
- National Outcomes Measures - Maine State Summary -
The National Outcome Measures (NOMs) are designed to embody meaningful, real life outcomes for people who are
striving to attain and sustain recovery; build resilience; and work, learn, live, and participate fully in their
communities. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) developed the NOMs domains in
collaboration with the States.
- NOMs State Summaries — Provides the latest data for each measure in all three NOMs areas for a selected State.
- Maine KidsCount
- National Survey of Children's Health - An interactive website from
the NSCH Data Research Center. Currently, the DRC website includes national and
state-based data on over 100 indicators from the National Survey of Children’s Health
(NSCH) and the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs (NS-CSHCN).
The DRC’s easy-to-use interactive search feature allows users to select, view, compare,
and download national survey data results for every state and HRSA region.
- Commonwealth Fund's State Data Center - Compare state-level health performance and create custom tables and charts using the Fund's State Scorecard data. Also available is an interactive map featuring data from the Commonwealth Fund's Child Health Scorecard
- statehealthfacts.org - the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation's site designed to provide free, up-to-date, and easy-to-use health data on all 50 states.
- Nursing Home Care Quality Measures and Metrics Compared to All States (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality)
- Hospital Quality Snapshots - The Maine Quality Forum (MQF) presents this Web site to make information on the quality of care in Maine hospitals more accessible to people who use and provide health care in Maine. The Maine Hospital Quality Snapshots present simple metrics on how hospitals care for patients with specific clinical conditions. It contains: Performance Meters of each hospital's performance on different measures of healthcare quality Data Tables with all the data for each hospital on all measures of healthcare quality.
- Maine HealthCost Website - Developed by the Maine Health Data Organization in accordance with its mandate to produce reports related to health care facility and practitioner payments for services rendered to Maine residents
- CMS Dashboard The CMS Dashboard BETA is a beta release and offers statistical views of the Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) data as it relates to claims payment and volume as collected by CMS
- DHHS ARRA Information
Maine Demographic Indicators