Skip Maine state header navigation

Agencies | Online Services | Web Policies | Help  Email this page to a friendWatch this page and email me when it is updatedAdd this page to My Links
About MDOL | News & Events | Online Services | Forms & Publications | MDOL Agencies

Welcome to the Maine Employer Registration Internet System

Employers can register here for a state unemployment insurance account number (known as an SEIN) with the Maine Department of Labor (MDOL), and for a Maine withholding account number with the Maine Revenue Services (MRS).

Note: You can register for sales and use taxes or Maine income tax withholding through Maine Revenue Services electronically at To register for other taxes you will need to print and complete a paper Registration Form and mail it to the Central Registration Unit. .

Warning: Anyone who willfully, knowingly, and without authorization or without reasonable grounds to believe that they have such authorization, attempts or achieves access, communication, examination, or modification of data, computer programs, or supporting documentation residing or existing internal or external to a computer, computer system, or computer network commits an offense against intellectual property in violation of the Maine Computer Crime Act SECTION 13A-8-102. Any party entering this system in violation of this Act will be subject to penalty.